Duplicate along Edge¶
destination after Beta: Modifier Change
This node creates an array of copies of one (donor) mesh and aligns it along given recipient segment (edge). Count of objects in array can be specified by user or detected automatically, based on size of donor mesh and length of recipient edge. Donor mesh can be scaled automatically to fill all length of recipient edge.
Donor objects are rotated so that specified axis of object is aligned to recipient edge.
This node also can output transformation matrices, which should be applied to donor object to be aligned along recipient edge. By default, this node already applies that matrices to donor object; but you can turn this off, and apply matrices to donor object in another node, or apply them to different objects.
This node has the following inputs:
- Vertices. Vertices of the donor mesh. The node will produce nothing if this input is not connected.
- Edges. Edges of the donor mesh.
- Polygons. Faces of the donor mesh.
- Vertex1. First vertex of recipient edge. This input is used only when “Fixed” input mode is used (see description of
Input modeparameter below).
- Vertex2. Second vertex of recipient edge. This input is used only when “Fixed” input mode is used.
- VerticesR. Vertices of the recipient mesh. This input is used only when “Edges” input mode is used.
- EdgesR. Edges of the recipient mesh. These edges will be actually used as recipient edges. This input is used only when “Edges” input mode is used.
- Count. Number of objects in array. This input is used only in “Count” scaling mode (see description of
Scale modeparameter below).
- Padding. Portion of the recipient edge length that should be left empty from both sides. Default value of zero means fill whole available length.
This node has the following parameters:
Count or Up
or Down or
|Orientation||X or Y or Z||X||Which axis of donor object should be aligned to direction of the recipient edge.|
|Input mode||Edges or Fixed||Edges||
|Scale all axes||Bool||False||If False, then donor object will be scaled only along axis is aligned with recipient edge direction. If True, objects will be scaled along all axes (by the same factor).|
|Apply matrces||Bool||True||Whether to apply calculated matrices to created objects.|
|Count||Int||3||Number of objects in array. This parameter can be determined from the corresponding input. It is used only in “Count” scaling mode.|
|Padding||Float||0.0||Portion of the recipient edge length that should be left empty from both sides. Default value of zero means fill whole length available. Maximum value 0.49 means use only central 1% of edge.|
This node has the following outputs:
- Matrices. Matrices that should be applied to created objects to align them along recipient edge. By default, this node already applies these matrices, so you do not need to do it second time.
This node will output something only when
Matrices output is connected.